National Lottery retailers have taken home a total of £29,000 in cash prizes in Camelot’s latest round of National Lottery Retailer Hub rewards programmes.
Matthew Jones, owner of SPAR in Caersws, Wales, scooped the £10,000 top prize and ten retailers won £1,000 each in the latest quarterly prize draw for ‘Site, Stock, Sell Online’ programme.
“I was really shocked to find out I’d won. I didn’t even realise I’d even been entered into the prize draw, so it was definitely a great surprise,” Jones commented.
“I was speechless when I first heard the news, and would like to thank Camelot – it means a great deal to my family and me. After a tough 12 months with the store being extremely busy, we’ve not had much family time – so this will mean we’ll be able to have a lot more time together and some great holidays away.”
Dinesh Bhudia, who won £1,000, said: “I’m overjoyed, it’s unbelievable. I’m active on the National Lottery Retailer Hub but never expected to win. It’s a lot of money.”
“Winning this means a lot to my family and me, and after the year we’ve had, it’s needed. I can finally treat the kids to something nice. We had to cancel a holiday and finances are tight as the tax year has ended, but the kids have been so understanding. It would be nice to treat them.”
Camelot also ran a special ‘Age To Play 18+’ rewards initiative to help retailers get ready for when the age to play National Lottery games changed from 16+ to 18+ last month. It awarded £9,000 in total to 18 separate retailers, who each received £500 after being randomly selected in a daily prize draw on the National Lottery Retailer Hub.
“I’d like to say a huge congratulations to all of our lucky winners. It’s been a fantastic round of rewards, and particularly deserving with all the great work our National Lottery retailers have carried out in helping to prepare for the age to play change that came in last month,” Jenny Blogg, Camelot’s retail director, said.
The £1,000 winners in the ‘Site, Stock, Sell Online’ quarterly draw, who were automatically entered into the prize draw for scoring 8 or more in the 10-point programme, are:
- Dinesh Bhudia of Platt Lane Newsagents (The Paper Shop) in Manchester
- Anthony Rimmer of Kellys Wines in Liverpool
- Narotam Lalji of Walkden Premier Store in Worsley
- Basharat Rafiq of Haji News in Rotherham
- Joanne Fidler of The Paper Shop in York
- Jigneshkumar Patel of Premier JK Convenience Store in Bristol
- Vanita Wadher of The Bon Bon Newsagents in Woking
- Suresh Savla of Davids Newsagents in London
- A National Lottery retailer in Bedford*
- A National Lottery retailer in The Wirral*
* Retailer has chosen to remain anonymous.