Unitas Wholesale is helping its members’ retail customers capitalise on the trends in alcohol, tobacco and vaping products with its latest Plan for Profit Guide.
Packed with regional planograms, bestsellers lists and market insight, the 2023 Licensed, Tobacco and Vaping category guide is now available in selected member depots and for free online.
The guide offers retailers a complete guide to ranging core convenience categories, such as lager & beer, cider, craft ale, spirits, wine, tobacco, and vaping products.
Developed in collaboration with supporting category experts and our network of wholesalers, this guide provides a truly credible core range tailored to the needs of stores.
“Our new 2023 Licensed and Tobacco category guide offers retailers everything they need in one place to create a range that can beat the competition and drive their sales and profits,” said Head of Marketing & Communications at Unitas Wholesale, Tracey Redfearn.
The Plan for Profit core range guides are available in three separate editions, which are updated annually. These are all available online at planforprofit.co.uk. Keep an eye out for the new edition of Grocery, Non-Food, Chilled and Frozen, which will be available later this year.
Five best-practice tips for retailers:
- Operate a rigorous Challenge25 programme.
- Purchase from official wholesale route to markets.
- Consider the responsibility of brands and flavours ranged and their potential youth appeal.
- Ensure that products are MHRA registered and approved for sale. The MHRA website has a search function for retailers.
- With disposables making up the majority of sales within e-cigarettes, retailers should ensure they are stocking a range of bestselling brands, such as Elf Bar, Lost Mary, and Crystal, to meet customers’ needs.
Accessing Plan for Profit guides
- Printed copies of the new Plan for Profit Licensed, Tobacco and Vaping Guide are available in selected Unitas Wholesale member depots.
- An online version of the guide can be accessed at planforprofit.co.uk and via the Plan for Profit app, which is available to download on apple and android devices