Parfetts named a retailer of the year for each of its operating regions in its annual Retailer Awards held at the Hilton Hotel in Manchester on 6 February.
Winners on the night included:
- Vinay and Kalindi Patel of VRK Mini Mart, Go Local Extra in Ashton Under Lyne
- Lucy Costello of Daniel House, Go Local in Liverpool
- Menegan Selvanathan of Pound Saver, Go Local Extra in Liverpool
- Jonny and Linda Mitchell of Towngate Stores, Go Local Extra in Halifax
- Andrew and Marie Robinson of Summer Lane Stores, Go Local Extra in Barnsley
- Visalini Jeyanand of RVJ, Go Local Extra in Derby
- Sanjeev Devgan of Late Shopper, Go Local in Bishop Auckland.
Commenting on the awards, Guy Swindell, retail director of Parfetts, said: “Our retailers raised the bar this year in the standard of retailing they have delivered in communities across the UK. In a record year for the growth of the Go Local fascia, we have seen our annual awards double in size and showcase the best our sector has to offer.
“It is clear that there is lots of talent in the convenience sector who continue to thrive in ever-changing retail conditions, and we are happy that our awards can recognise some of that hard work.”
The most improved Go Local store was awarded to Andy Campbell for his Hursthead Convenience store in Cheadle Hulme. Bay Bashir of Belle Vue, a Go Local in Middlesbrough, was recognised for best retailer store activation of the year.
Sasi Patel, GoLocal Extra in Rochdale, was named digital retailer of the year for his digital engagement with the local community.
The event was hosted by comedian Dave Spikey and saw over 450 retailers and suppliers attending.
Parfetts operates the Go Local fascia with over 500 stores and one of the largest retail clubs with over 3,750 members. It operates across the North, Midlands and Wales through a national logistics network, digital channels and seven wholesale depots.