The coronavirus pandemic has forced businesses to rethink their business strategies due to the abrupt shift in customer demand and behaviour. Home service companies are not exempt.
Home services like plumbing may be essential to everyday life, but it doesn’t mean the industry is resistant to the economic impacts of the health crisis. This is why it’s urgent for plumbing specialists to up their online marketing efforts in this critical time.
Below are some fundamental online marketing strategies to protect your business from the impacts of Covid-19.
- Assess the situation.
You won’t be able to determine targeted solutions without identifying the problem first. Before jumping the gun, evaluate the situation of your business in terms of the following:
- Pin down the problem. Assess which specific part of your business is experiencing a slowdown or which jobs are not receiving enough calls. Are you receiving cancellation calls for installation or maintenance services? Are leads becoming few and far in between? Is there a drop off in your organic or paid leads? Once you pinpoint the problem, you can create a hypothesis for it and explore possible solutions.
- Know where your customers are at present. With the lockdown measures in place, people now have plenty of free time in their schedules. The majority of them are also spending more time on social media, either to entertain themselves, read the news, or connect with their loved ones. Take advantage of this trend to reach potential customersand be more active on social media. If you are out of strategies how to market, you can always ask experts; there are offers for social media services.
- Focus your budget on in-demand services.
You don’t need to cut off your marketing budget to minimize spending. Direct your paid search advertising budget on the services with the highest need.
Remember that you still need to be visible online, ready to respond to your customers’ needs. Even while quarantined, there will always be someone in your area who will need plumber Bolton to fix their clogged drains or broken septic system.
Learn how search trends are evolving so you can adjust your spending. Pour your budget into the keywords that are most likely to yield new jobs for your business. Also, research on the trending services in your area.
- Invest in boosting awareness of your brand.
Considering people are spending more time online during these times, it’s an excellent opportunity to draw the attention of the people in your location to your business.
These days, people linger on platforms like Facebook, Youtube, and Instagram more often. Create ads to capture people from these sites. Share relevant and helpful content to attract potential customers. Take the time to raise awareness on your company and your services.
- Build trust among your audience.
Everyone at this point is concerned for their health and wellbeing. Reassure your audience and existing customers that safety and cleanliness are your business’ priority. Your marketing messages should convey to them that you observe the highest standard of sanitation to protect your team and customers’ welfare.
Ensure that your team is wearing complete personal protective equipment when going on the field. Inform your customers about the measures you have in place to reduce infection risk. You can create blog posts or video messages out to get your message across.
- Connect with your community.
Being involved in your community shows your customers that you care about your collective safety. A great way to establish your presence in your community is to join and be active in plumbing-related forums. Find out what plumbing issues or concerns people are talking about. Give them substantial answers.
As you do so, remember to introduce yourself and your company so they know that they’re hearing from an expert in the field. You can also provide links to specific articles from your website that delve deeper into the topic at hand.
If you’re new to the industry, seek the assistance of a marketing agency that specializes in SEO in Hamilton or digital marketing tailored for plumbing companies. For instance, there are offers a wide range of digital marketing services especially for Canadian plumbers.
The advantage of hiring a marketing specialist in your niche is that they know the ins and outs of your industry. They also take time to study the psychology and behaviour of your target customers. You can expect professional advice based on the current trends of your business.