Sandwich brand Urban Eat has extended its vegan and vegetarian range of sandwiches and wraps to cater for the growing demand from UK customers for free from diets.
Five new variants are set to be added to the Roots range from August. The new additions include:
- Pickle Me Up Sandwich – Dairy free cheddar style cheese with pickle, tomato, red onion and salad leaves.
- Avo-Lafel Sandwich – Avocado falafel, red pepper tapenade, pesto, red and yellow pepper and salad leaves.
- Pesto Presto – Dairy free mozzarella with pesto, slow roast tomato, tomato and salad leaves.
- Dirty Jack Wrap – BBQ jackfruit with ‘Dirty Sauce’, carrot slaw, sweetcorn and salad leaves
- Hot Mozza Bella Panini – Dairy free mozzarella, sweet chilli peppers, pesto, slow roasted tomato and tomato ragu.
The new products will be joining current favourites in the now 12-strong Roots collection, including the bestselling Bhaji Bonanza sandwich, combining onion bhajis and Bombay potatoes, and the Shabby Chic Pea sandwich, which brings together spiced chickpeas with Moroccan style carrot and orange chutney.
In the past 12 months, brand owner Adelie Foods has more than doubled the size of its vegan range following success with consumers and requests from customers to expand its offering.
Isla Owen, senior marketing manager, said: “Innovation and keeping on top of trends is at the heart of our ethos at Adelie and catering for specialised diets such as Vegan is a big focus for us at Urban eat. Meat free diets are becoming more common than ever, with approximately 12 percent of the UK population now following this type of diet.”
The new Roots range will be available from the August 20 from RRP £2.79.