Cotswold Fayre has announced the programme for its Christmas Launch Events where retailers can view the whole Christmas range and place orders.
The events offer a great opportunity for retailers to meet suppliers and try the full range of products in preparation for stocking up for the Christmas period, which is without doubt the biggest trading period of the year for fine food manufacturers.
A survey carried out by Deloitte last year revealed that chocolate was the most expected gift to receive (53%) followed by books (44%) and other food & drink (37%).
So, it is perhaps no surprise that this year’s Christmas range from fine food distributor Cotswold Fayre is packed with exclusive and diverse festive treats alongside the season’s traditional favourites.
Paul Hargreaves, chief executive at fine food distributor Cotswold Fayre, believes that consumers are looking for products that are genuinely seasonal and offer something different from the norm.
“When Christmas shopping, particularly for a gift, customers don’t want to pick-up something that they could have bought anytime in the year nor do they believe that adding a bit of holly to the packaging makes it a festive gift.”
Cotswold Fayre’s Christmas range continues to expand year on year and now includes more than 900 products across 150 suppliers selected from the UK and overseas.
“Of course, there will always be a place for tins of shortbread, mince pies and Christmas cake but shoppers are increasingly adventurous, actively seeking seasonal favourites from other countries,” says Paul Hargreaves.
“Look how panettone is now a UK staple. While we still have plenty of UK products, we also visit food fairs around the world to bring retailers some of the best seasonal products from overseas too.”
Cotswold Fayre’s Christmas range includes amaretti from Italy, liquorice balls from Sweden, olive oil in ceramic pots from Greece, fig bonbons from Spain, enormous jars of pickled vegetables from Italy and much more.
“I am expecting last year’s favourites, premium advent calendars and gin, in all its guises, to remain extremely popular again this year,” says Paul. “I also think that craft beers, non-alcoholic adult beverages and nuts will sell particularly well this year.”
To help retailers pre-plan their seasonal proposition, Cotswold Fayre is hosting a series of Christmas launch events across the UK, where retailers can view the whole Christmas offering and place their orders. The preview and initial launch event is in Richmond Park on May 10 2018.
Retailers can register to attend an event or download the Christmas catalogue by visiting www.cotswoldfayre.co.uk.
Christmas Launch Events
- London/Surrey: May 10 2018 – Pembroke Lodge, Richmond Park, Richmond, Surrey TW10 5HX
- South West: May 15 2018 – The Kendleshire Golf Club, Henfield Road, Coalpit Heath BS36 2UY
- South East: May 17 2018 – Copthorne Hotel (London Gatwick), Copthorne Way, Copthorne, West Sussex RH10 3PG
- North West: May 22 2018 – Hallmark Hotel, Knutsford Old Road, Warrington, Cheshire WA4 2LD
- North East: May 23 2018 – Wentbridge House Hotel, Wentbridge, Pontefract, West Yorkshire WF8 3JJ
- Midlands: June 7 2018 – AIS Cranmore Park, Cranmore Av, Shirley, Solihull B90 4LF
- London/Herts-Essex: June 12 2018 – Blakes Golf Club, Epping Road, North Weald Bassett, Epping, Hertfordshire CM16 6RZ