Clamato is unveiling a new cocktail recipe this summer – The Authentic Michelada.
The Michelada is one of the most popular drinks in Mexico, a beer-based cocktail made with lime, hot sauce (to taste), Worcestershire, and Clamato tomato cocktail, all served over ice in a tall glass with a salted rim.
Micheladas are typically thought of as an everyday drink or a morning-after hangover cure. The name Michelada is in fact a moot point, with Mexicans often sparring over how it got its name. The most bandied about explanation is that it’s a shortening of mi chela helada or ‘my cold beer’.
In any case, there wouldn’t be anything more refreshing than a beer cocktail with lots of ice cubes in a tall glass when it’s blisteringly hot. Stocking up Clamato this summer would be a good option for retailers to impress their customers, especially those who crave to try something new.
Clamato Original is available in the UK in either a 946ml plastic bottle or a 473ml glass bottle.
The Authentic Clamato Michelada
INGREDIENTS for one serving (to taste)
- 1 Key lime
- 115ml of Clamato® Original
- 1 dash Worcestershire sauce
- 2 dashes habanero pepper sauce
- 312ml of a Mexican beer (ex. Modelo, Corona, etc.)
- 1 lime wheel
- Tajín seasoning
- Run lime across rim of mug.
- Dip mug in Tajín to coat evenly.
- Add ice.
- Add lime juice, Worcestershire sauce, and habanero pepper sauce.
- Fill with Clamato and beer.
Garnish with a lime wheel